Thursday, May 28, 2009

And the scan says...



So... last week I had a CT scan to check the status of this foreign glob, and we met with the doc on Thursday to discuss. It was overall a positive reading, although it brings reality to the table once again. They are having a bit of a hard time still reading what's going on inside of me, as they have all along, so no surprise there. Looks like the tumor portion has shrunk by about half, which is great. The rest of the fingerlike extrusions are there, but they can't tell if they are turned to scar tissue or still active. They haven't grown any, so that's good too. We decided to stay the course, which is chemo every two weeks for the next few weeks, then we'll take another kind of scan and re-evaluate. I feel pretty good about all this.
Now it's my turn to take the reigns and to my part, namely, eat all those damn many vitamins, drink the nasty tasting but good for you juice, and stop eating all the things I love - sweets, meats, and dairy. We'll see how that goes. Yes, I am committed to getting healthy and sticking around for a long time, but do they really think doing away with all my fave foods (milkshakes, cheese, and steak) is the way? I will do my best - look at those cute boys - they are inspiration enough to enjoy veggies all day every day, yes?
Summer... I love summer. Thanks for all of your support and calls my friends. I hope to see you soon, and if not know that I really appreciate all your well wishes and prayers. Love to you all! S

3 comments:

  1. I think this is good news. I know you will give it your best shot. I'm confident.

    We both hope to see you at the Fair. Kraig works in the afternoons, but I will be holding space at Main Stage all day on Sat.

    If you are there, and need a place in the shade for relaxing, look for me on the left (White Bird side) under a tree near the front~! It's nice.

    I'll be happy to stake out territory there whatever day you plan to come, so let me know~! love to you all. ~B~

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great news!!! Way to shrink it down, Sharon! Ohh, it will be hard to give up those yummy comfort foods, but since it will help you in your healing, summer is a great time to make the change! I'll see you in a few short weeks - I'm so excited to see how the boys have grown!
    Love,
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sharon, it was a long time, no news, but that turned out to be good news. Glad your scan showed shrinking results to the tumor, keep up the hard work on the road to improved health. Loved seeing the photos of those smiling boys and yourself, looks like Hawaii was good for all of you. Each moment counts!

    Lisa Reckling

    ReplyDelete