Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Don't stop believing...


VH1 is on, 'top 20 songs of the '80's' (number 11 is Journey's Don't Stop Believing, in case you were wondering), and I'm snacking on some vanilla pudding. I almost feel like a teenager again, hanging in my bedroom, grounded. It's almost the same, except for the loudly moaning woman in the room to my left, and the constantly hacking man in the room to my right. Thank goodness for earplugs!

I fired my young, too-nice doctor yesterday, and opted for an older doc with big bushy eyebrows. This morning when he came in he gave me a high five and good news. So far, this trade is working out. The good news is that my infection seems to be under control, and my liver counts are coming down nicely. He said to go home Thursday and rest for the weekend, and then start chemo on Monday. Hey, haven't I said that before?

All right, that's it for tonight. I'm exhausted, and Hall and Oats is on for number 6. I do love my 80's music, and I will never stop believing.

3 comments:

  1. So happy to hear that things are going better. You are an amazing women, I stand in awe of how you are handling this fight. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must suck to have to hang out in a hospital. I'm glad to see you get to go home and rest and be with your boys. Stay gold, Pony Girl.

    I hope I get bushy eyebrows eventually.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always preferred older men!! :)
    Yay for going home, being with your boys, 80's music and believing!! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete